We would LOVE you to visit our schools in Uganda.
After six years operating a successful primary school, we are opening School for Life's secondary school in time for our primary graduates to start their secondary education.
We are so excited about this milestone, and would love for you, the donors who have made this possible, to visit Uganda with us to celebrate the opening of School for Life Mbazzi campus.
You have the option of reaching Africa's highest peak with School for Life CEO Annabelle Chauncy in the lead-up to the school's opening on our Kilimanjaro: Trek for our Teachers. But if you would prefer to just attend the school in Uganda you are also welcome to do this.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Celebrate the official opening of our new school with our students, parents, teachers and staff – Ugandans know how to have fun so this promises to be a joyful once in a lifetime experience
- Get a firsthand view of how our schools run and see how far your hard-earned fundraising money goes to educate children living in poverty
- Get up close to Uganda’s rare mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- See elephants, lions, giraffes, zebras and more of Africa’s famous wildlife on game drives in Uganda’s famous national parks
- With all your transfers, meals and accommodation organised for you this is an easy way to experience Africa for the first time (or the 10th time!)
- Spend time with our CEO and Co-Founder Annabelle Chauncy (OAM) – with more than 10 years experience travelling in East Africa, Annabelle will show you her favourite parts of Uganda with many stories to tell along the way!
The school opening will take place over three days.
After flying into Entebbe by Saturday June 17, you will meet the group of School for Life supporters and spend the night in Entebbe.
On Sunday June 18, you will relax and adjust to jet lag, with the option of visiting Lake Victoria or the Chimpanzee Island sanctuary via boat. You will then make your way into Uganda's capital Kampala and stay there overnight.
Monday June 19 will kick off the three day School for Life opening party. You will visit some Ugandan Government-run schools before heading to School for Life's Katuuso campus to meet our 360 students in pre-school to Year 7. We will then have a group dinner and stay in Kampala.
Tuesday June 20 you will visit the home of a student to see firsthand the lives you are changing in Uganda, followed by an afternoon of activities with our students. This will include craft and painting, Ugandan cooking class, meeting our cattle and pigs, learning to dance in a typical Ugandan fashion, playing sports, reading to the students and immersing yourself in the Ugandan way of life.
On Wednesday June 21 the Mbazzi school will have its official opening, a day filled with performances and dancing with School for Life teachers, students and members of the entire community.
After your unique rural Ugandan experience, you can see more of this beautiful country on a safari to the many national parks or trek to see the rare mountain gorillas. Our preferred third party providers are Classic Safari Company and Kombi Tours, which we can put you directly in touch with for a range of tailored packages that meet every budget. Both tour companies can create a personalised tour to Murchison Falls National Park, Kibale Forest National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park or Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to visit the incredible gorillas.
If you would like to join us in Uganda, there is a minimum fundraising requirement of $1500. This does not include flights to Uganda and accommodation, but we'll cover your costs, including transfers, meals and entertainment once you arrive.
Please contact us for more information about this unique experience. Email Annabelle at email@example.com. We can also provide fundraising tips and offer advice on the best places to visit in Uganda!