A FOUNDATION IN EDUCATION - AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD.
Our flagship project, Katuuso Primary and Vocational School can be found an hour and a half away from Uganda's capital Kampala.
To date we have raised more than A$3.5 million and mobilised the support of thousands of people around the world who have helped us to;
- Educate more than 560 students annually,
- Employ over 120 adults in related roles,
- Train and employ 10 women as tailors in our Tailoring vocational program,
- Provide 3 nutritious meals per day for all our staff and students,
- Provide clean drinking water to the entire Katuuso community,
- Facilitate healthcare days for the whole Katuuso community.
How We Got Started
Two young, passionate Australian entrepreneurs, Annabelle Chauncy OAM and David Everett OAM founded School For Life in 2008. Annabelle and Dave met whilst working as volunteers in Kenya, where they became convinced that education is the only real way to mobilise a community and create a positive and sustainable future.
Determined to build a school in rural Uganda, Annabelle and Dave returned to Australia and raised over $500,000 in partnership with Rotary. In 2011 Katuuso Primary and Vocational School opened and welcomed its first students.