WE’VE SET UP A TAILORING PROGRAM AND AN ANIMAL HUSBANDRY PROGRAM TO HELP MITIGATE THE COSTS OF OUR OPERATIONS AND PROVIDE AN INCOME FOR ADULTS IN THE COMMUNITY.
Our environmental, tailoring and agricultural programs are designed to generate funds and reduce costs. Cost savings free up funds for other projects. Funds generated are returned directly into the operations of our projects.
What School For Life Does
- Bricks using ISSB technology have interlocking features meaning less concrete is required during construction – saving time and reducing building costs
- We train and employ locals to enhance the opportunities of the community through employment
- With the support of the Rotary Foundation we have solar power for refrigeration, computers, DVDs, projectors and TVs we couldn’t use before
- Animal husbandry programs employ local people, provide food for students and staff, and an income for the schools
- We grow subsistence crops to feed students and staff and generate income
- We use composting toilets and the decomposed waste is turned into fertiliser for our crops
- Two 100,000 litre water tanks catch clean water from roofs for cooking, drinking, hand washing and watering our livestock
- In partnership with SewAid International we train and employ women tailors – they earn an income and we earn an income from products sold in Uganda and Australia.
Expanding our tailoring and animal husbandry programs in 2016, employing, up-skilling and empowering more local people to build brighter futures.
How Can You Help?
Support our Gifts With Impact – purchase a chicken, pig, goat or cow from our online store and donate it to the community.
You can also purchase a tailoring product and help empower a woman. Sponsor a tailor or a team member and help provide local employment.